John & Lindsey

Sunday, May 9, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY

I'm a childless mother. There...I said it. It's my 8th Mother's Day without my boy. It's always a little tough, but honestly, everyday without him is tough. And so it goes...
I have to say how lucky I am to have experienced being Sean's mom. I really liked being a mother. I was pretty good at it. I miss it. And as good as my life is now, I think I will always feel broken. No amount of loving can quite fill that space that his absence has left. So that's my little pity party. All I can do is to remember what Sean taught me. Live in the moment, be grateful, have fun and go fast.
I am also blessed to have a fabulous mother. She is everything anyone would want their mother to be. She is kind, loving, sweet, smart and just fun to be with. She lives in San Diego and will be 86 in a couple of weeks. I will be visiting her next month and can't wait to see her. Much, much love to all you mom's out there. Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment