John & Lindsey

Friday, April 30, 2010

It's another Aloha Friday, and I've made it through the week, excited about writing. I rewrote/edited 38 pages this week, writing a couple of hours every day. What I've remembered is how much I enjoy the practice of writing and the satisfaction that comes with it. Going to Catholic school in the 60's encouraged good penmanship and gave out plastic statues of Jesus or Mary as prizes. I always wanted the prize and usually got it. I still write in my best cursive, even for shopping lists.
I hit a bit of a snag on Wednesday when there were 2 pages missing from my draft. I was rooting around in my desk and found 6 discettes...I think that's what they're called, and they are all marked with "Out Of Breath" and they are old. Probably at least 10 years old. I can't even print them off my computer. I do think I will find my missing pages and will take them into town tomorrow and see if I can get anyone to print them up. That was my gift this week.
My fear of the writing, going there, has faded away. In the meantime, I'll start writing this week about Sean's last month. I have a notebook to work off from. That's the hardest time for me, yet I'm good with revisiting it.
Have a spectacular weekend. Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment